Jacket Lake Wildfire =O
Hey, readers! It's been a long while so I might as well catch y'all up on the latest news and gossip and stuff! So, we've been planning to go to Digby for months now, and we're actually going in about..er...two days maybe! But here's where things went haywire! Apparently, 10 minutes away from my house, a legitimate wildfire broke out. It was called the Jacket Lake Wildfire. An emergency alert was sent out at around 20:00 (8:00pm) maybe two days or so ago, saying we had to EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY!!! It was so scary! The fire was spreading and everyone was scrambling! At first, our power went out which is when I was watching Chrissa Stands Strong on my Portable DVD player, just peacefully eating NutriGrain bars and peanut butter, watching the DVD film, when suddenly, my DVD player literally died out on me, for the millionth time in ever!!! We had packed in case of evacuation, and then, while I was dancing to Rasheeda's Got Dat Good (2006, Dirty Rap, aka My Bubblegum) when suddenly, an alert came up stating this exactly: The alert, advising all people, from civics 4315, down to the main road, the Highway 7, to evacuate IMMEDIATELY!!!! This fire reached 300 hectares that night, and I was scared. My family stayed behind and we did not leave (even though we probably should have; we could see high up clouds of smoke with a faint orange colour in the centre!). Evacuees were said to go to Musquodoboit Rural High, or Marine Drive Academy! We would've had to go to MRHS, not MDA, because we're on that side of the fire. Insanely enough, that fire reached around 1 500 hectares within 12 hours of checking! That is HUGE!! Even my besties were scared! People could see huge clouds of dark, orangey smoke, coming from that area! It was TERRIFYING!! Luckily, nothing in my village caught fire, but that was lucky! Luckily, it is now under control. It probably has a world record for One of the Largest FIRES in Nova Scotia, that's how big it was! More news on the happier side, I've been packing to go to Digby! I'm so excited to go! I even heard rumours about some... legends... I'm absolutely delighted to be vacationing there in a few days! We'll be staying for a week, so no blog posts for a week! I'll tell you all about it when I get back! Thanks for reading, guys!
Comments
Post a Comment